WELCOME to Elder John-Gregory Sierra's mission blog! For the next two years Elder Sierra will be serving as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the California Sacramento Mission. We hope you will enjoy his experiences, shared through weekly letters. We will post his letters each week and any pictures he may send.

Write Elder Sierra

WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

Missionaries love to get letters (and care packages)! If you'd like to write to Elder Sierra, please use the following addresses:

MISSION OFFICE:
Elder John-Gregory Sierra
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

EMAIL:
john-gregory.sierra@myldsmail.net


Monday, May 27, 2013

 TELL ME THAT THE LORD IS NOT FUNNY” AKA JOHNNY'S BAPTISM

Dear Padres,
Wow! Benjamin is now 15! Man, I did feel homesick on his b-day because I really wanted to call and wish him a Happy B-Day. I miss my brother. I miss you, too, Mom and I sometimes miss Dad. haha chiste (Te quiero papi). Life is going all right. We challenged Chewy Valdez to be baptized on the 15 of June and he ACCEPTED!!!! 

Last Saturday, Johnny was baptized and I heard that it was unbelievable. He bore his testimony saying that, "I have always looked to find the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I yearned for it, prayed for it, and I waited patiently for it. Who knew that my answer would come in a psychotic young man chasing me down after I threw a rock at him because I thought he was a child of the devil. For that few minutes of him running me all the way back into my house and banging on the door with all the fury in the world, screaming at me to come outside, I thought he was gonna drag me to hell. Instead, when I mustered up enough courage to meet him, he told me to sit down and hear the message of the true gospel of Jesus Christ. After just one hour, this same young man who scared me half to death, filled my soul with light. He told me that my sins could be forgiven, that I could be with my wife and son, who have passed away three years ago, for all eternity. I know that this gospel is true. I used to think that it was a cult and now I stand here as a member, knowing that this is the Church of God." Tell me that the Lord is not funny haha! This guy hated the church and now he is a member. And his testimony filled the room. I wasn't able to be there, but an elder told me how he literally shone when he came out of the water. 
There have definitely been small miracles in the mission. We are meeting with the Gonzales family tonight and this may be our last lesson with them, depending how it goes. We have been praying for them and we hope that they have received an answer and are willing to act on it. They know how to recognize the Spirit very well. If they are still on the fence about it then, perhaps, they are just not ready yet. But the Lord will know what to do with them, so I am not discouraged. 
Anyway, I am happy that Sister Boga has been reading my emails. That is pretty cool that my old cub scout leader is commenting on my blog. I hope she is doing well. Tell her that I love her and hope that her kids are doing great. Thanks for always encouraging me Mom. I appreciate it. Now, can you get Dad to write me? haha. Haven't heard from him, personally, in a while now. I know he is busy so I am NOT going to bother him about it. And tell Elder Marchand to e-mail me... Anyway, I love you Mom and thank you very much for all that you do.
Your Son (who misses your hugs and the annoying way you mess with my hair),
Elder Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment