WELCOME to Elder John-Gregory Sierra's mission blog! For the next two years Elder Sierra will be serving as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the California Sacramento Mission. We hope you will enjoy his experiences, shared through weekly letters. We will post his letters each week and any pictures he may send.

Write Elder Sierra

WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

Missionaries love to get letters (and care packages)! If you'd like to write to Elder Sierra, please use the following addresses:

MISSION OFFICE:
Elder John-Gregory Sierra
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

EMAIL:
john-gregory.sierra@myldsmail.net


Monday, November 4, 2013

BITS AND PIECES OF MULTIPLE EMAILS TO FAMILY LAST WEEK

Elder Sierra has transfers this week so his letter will come on Tuesday. Here are some thoughts from last week:
 10/28/13
Ralynne, 
...I have been tirelessly trying to do everything I can to Find, Teach, and Baptize. I have reached my 8 month mark, so I am 1/3 of the way finished. It' s kinda sad because I truly do love my mission with all my heart and the time seems to go by faster and faster. [Here's] a little quote I thought of: "Take the mission day by day, week by week, month by month, year by year, then your done." It's a little bittersweet, but it does ring true to how short a time we have here...

Dear Mom,
I can barely recognize that kid [Benjamin]!!  ....Well, thanks for sending the package. I'll call the office to make sure they have it. To confirm the claim that Benjamin made about me learning the ukelele, it is true, although I have been putting aside the uke so that I can learn to play guitar. I can play quite a few songs and some of the members want to get me a book so that I can keep teaching myself how to play. By the time I am off the mission I should know how to play guitar, the uke, the harmonica, and the piano decently. I [want to] perfect them when I return home, along with playing bass guitar and the actual BIG Bass (always wanted to play that). So, yeah, been trying to stay musical...
As far as the work here goes, Linda is doing great; we have another lesson with her tomorrow night. We also have a new referral by the name of Kevin. He referred himself to us from Mormon.org (those are usually the best). We also have Nick Nelson who now has a date for the 30th of November and Steve Grove who is progressing well, he just doesn't have a date yet (haven't felt impressed to push him to do that yet). That is all the updates on our investigators right now. We are doing good and are still going strong. It's a lot of fun out here in Folsom and I am hoping I stay for at least one more transfer. I really want to see this zone baptize. I love you Mom.

Elder Sierra

Hey Dad,
I just heard about Benjamin's last game. It sounds like he has really  been coming along. I can see him one day playing in college like I
did. 

I am happy to say that the Mission President and I are just fine. We have our differences and still view things differently, but we are
still of one purpose in bringing souls to Christ. I think in either the next transfer or the transfer after he is going to make me a leader
of some sort. I'd rather just go senior because, like you said, I just got the mechanics down and am working on improving certain areas. 1/3 of my mission is now officially complete. It's kinda sad. The time just keeps on slipping away. I can't believe Ralynne is about to go home from hers. 
Well Dad, I received your letter and thank you. I like the hand-written stuff you send me... Thanks for the sweet quotes. The work here is goin good. Talk to you next week. Christmas is almost here. I will be able to skype again then.

Elder Sierra


No comments:

Post a Comment