WELCOME to Elder John-Gregory Sierra's mission blog! For the next two years Elder Sierra will be serving as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the California Sacramento Mission. We hope you will enjoy his experiences, shared through weekly letters. We will post his letters each week and any pictures he may send.

Write Elder Sierra

WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

Missionaries love to get letters (and care packages)! If you'd like to write to Elder Sierra, please use the following addresses:

MISSION OFFICE:
Elder John-Gregory Sierra
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

EMAIL:
john-gregory.sierra@myldsmail.net


Monday, April 8, 2013

A FEW LAST REMARKS FROM THE MTC

Hey Everybody,
Tomorrow I head out to the field! It's pretty insane what goes on here in the MTC. You make a lot of good friends and if you want to shoot an email or write a letter you gotta be on the ball! It is pretty overwhelming at times, but I know I am supposed to be here doing the Lord's work. Every day is another struggle with the language and another lesson for me in humility which can get a little tough, but you can't help but love the Spirit that radiates here. It's gonna be hard to leave my zone because I have so many amazing brothers that I bonded with. However, we will all meet again someday. I know it. Today has to be short since I've got to finish some other letters and I have to make sure I am all packed and ready to go.  I love you all, this church is true, and I cannot wait to finally go out to Sacramento in the Spanish neighborhoods and proclaim the gospel, telling everyone that the True Church has been restored on the earth, that we have a Living Prophet, that Christ Lives and that God has a wonderful Plan of Happiness for all of His children. I testify with all of my heart that I know these things are true! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder "JG" Sierra

Elder Sierra sent a whole slew of pictures. Enjoy!
My previous zone leaders Elder Dearden (white guy) & Elder Agor (Hawaian guy)

Me and some of the old districts of zone 1.
WE ARE AWESOME!

Elder Wall and I!

Elder Bailry (the BAUSS!) and me

Elder Fuluvaka and me in the laundry room on P-Day (Preparation Day). (They have Mondays free until 5:00pm. That's the day they do their laundry, write letters home, go to the temple and relax!)

My companion (Elder Crook) is looking for the secret door.


My companion and I with the New District that just came in!

Just enjoying the temple walk

Loving the weekly temple walks again

My district!

Sister Wallentine and me!

Sister Briggs and me

Sister Jorgenson and me

Sister Hammer And me (lookin' like a BOSS!)

The Famous Elder Cassity Bow Tie!!!

Me, pranking Elder Turley!
It was legit!
Gotta have some fun! HAHAHA!

He begins to wipe the shaving cream all over his face!
Victory was mine!

We wrestle for a bit!
It was fun!
He was a good sport!
(I won)

Our district with our branch presidency!

Elder Vogel copies the Elder Cassity bow tie.

Elder Jensen



No comments:

Post a Comment