WELCOME to Elder John-Gregory Sierra's mission blog! For the next two years Elder Sierra will be serving as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the California Sacramento Mission. We hope you will enjoy his experiences, shared through weekly letters. We will post his letters each week and any pictures he may send.

Write Elder Sierra

WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

Missionaries love to get letters (and care packages)! If you'd like to write to Elder Sierra, please use the following addresses:

MISSION OFFICE:
Elder John-Gregory Sierra
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

EMAIL:
john-gregory.sierra@myldsmail.net


Sunday, July 14, 2013

 CHANGES, CHANGES: NEW COMPANION/RODRIGO MOVES

Letter from July 8, 2013

Dear Mom,

SWEET Papi is home!! Well that's just wonderful... Anyway, baptisms are good. Tyrone and the other crips had to be passed off to other missionaries so, yeah, that bummed me out, and Rodrigo moved to another part of Sacramento and is getting baptized this Saturday over in the building in that area so I'm pretty ticked that all of the people I teach and love go somewhere else to get baptized and I'm always too busy working in my area to go over and see it happen. HATE THAT! Oh, and tell Aunt Kathy and Amariah I say hey! 
SO my new companion is Elder Russell. He has been out as long as I have and we both don't know the language completely. It's going to be a lot of fun haha! We have 7 people we are teaching and we also have a French family we are talking to. That is even more fun haha. So I'm just tearing it up out here. The AP's asked me to hand the French family off and I'm like, there are NO French missionaries out here. Why on earth would I do that? Especially since Spanish and French are not too far off from each other. So, I ignored them and asked President (the mission president) who told me to keep teaching them (Ap's Seriously don't like me right now). President also wants me to start making a map of Rancho Cordova and to redo the division of the sections of the city so that he can see about making a branch in our area... Juan is getting baptized next Saturday (depends if he is going out of town or not) and we are teaching is fiancé and she LOVES the gospel. She wants us to teach her kids. She has an 18-year-old daughter and a 15-year-old boy. It's going to be exciting. So, in short, AP's still hate me, I'm doing great work, haven't had another Ammon moment yet, and I LOVE MY DOGG Elder Russell. We are very excited to see what is in store for this coming week. Love you all.
Elder Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment