WELCOME to Elder John-Gregory Sierra's mission blog! For the next two years Elder Sierra will be serving as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the California Sacramento Mission. We hope you will enjoy his experiences, shared through weekly letters. We will post his letters each week and any pictures he may send.

Write Elder Sierra

WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

Missionaries love to get letters (and care packages)! If you'd like to write to Elder Sierra, please use the following addresses:

MISSION OFFICE:
Elder John-Gregory Sierra
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

EMAIL:
john-gregory.sierra@myldsmail.net


Monday, August 4, 2014

SCRIPTURES AND WORLD CUP

Letter from June 23, 2014

Hey Mom,

That Raspberry jam looks GOOD! Cool to see you having success with your garden. I'll be honest, I still don't understand your love for it, but I understand well enough that I will be helping a lot out with that when I am home. So, I would be more than happy to take a name for you, but I won't be going to the temple for a while, probably not for 3-5 months. Get them done as soon as you can. No need to wait on me lol. And thanks again for sending my email to Elder Mortenson. I'm sure he is happy, especially since you sent him a cake and mountain dew. I'm sure the kid is set for the week now, since he has all that he needs to be happy lol. So, yeah President Lewis is leaving and I'm alright. We have seen each other quite a lot this transfer (good reasons not bad), so we were able to talk a lot about what's going on with the mission. He is hoping that the Ipads come in soon, and he has called an additional assistant, my favorite companion, Elder Russel, to help the new president get used to everything. He will have 3 assistants and he [Pres. Lewis] is also pretty sure that he is going to make a LOT of changes in leadership next transfer, because his views of what missionaries need right now may be different. [President Lewis] and I are great and we talk surprisingly a lot now. I feel a lot closer to him and will be very sad to see him go, but it's all good. 
Our investigators are progressing well. The problem right now is church, but that will come in due time. There is not too much to report on this week. Everything is running smoothly. I did get your package and it is awesome. Thank you VERY much. I'm sorry that I don't have too much to write about. I have been keeping up with World Cup, thanks to the members. I love these people haha. They know I loved soccer and they provide us meals when the games are on haha and, of course, they don't turn it off, so we just call it a tender mercy haha. We always share a scripture during dinner. There was one time when we were leaving, it was USA vs. Ghana and we had to get going to our next appointment, so I was closing with a scripture and I decided to share something short and sweet so I shared Moses 1:39. As I read the scripture to them, "For Behold, it is my work and my glory to bring to pass the eternal life of- GOLASO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Out of the corner of my eye I saw Brooks make that second goal. You can imagine how hard everyone was laughing. The Spirit was still there and I think he was laughing too in a sense. God definitely has a sense of humor haha. Know that I miss the times when we would all laugh like that whenever I was telling a story or we were hearing Benjamin making his hilarious comments, Dad's bad puns, and your smiles as well, Mom. That's something that I do miss and look forward to when I come home. I love you Mom.

Elder Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment