WELCOME to Elder John-Gregory Sierra's mission blog! For the next two years Elder Sierra will be serving as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the California Sacramento Mission. We hope you will enjoy his experiences, shared through weekly letters. We will post his letters each week and any pictures he may send.

Write Elder Sierra

WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

Missionaries love to get letters (and care packages)! If you'd like to write to Elder Sierra, please use the following addresses:

MISSION OFFICE:
Elder John-Gregory Sierra
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

EMAIL:
john-gregory.sierra@myldsmail.net


Wednesday, March 6, 2013

There are Angels in the Hallways

An excerpt from a letter to friends earlier this week....
Thank you and everyone else for your support. MTC is pretty neat. The food is beginning to taste the same all the time though haha. I'm eating like five plates of food in one meal and everybody including Elder Fuluvaka, my Polynesian roommate, is all like where do you put it all....  my companion is awesome. He is a pretty smart fellow and both of us are learning the language very fast because both of us had grown up around it since we were young. Language class is easy, but kinda annoying at times. Elder Crook, my compaƱero, and I can never get our lessons done in class because we are constantly getting asked questions like what does this mean and what not, lol. The spirit is real here and I am proud to be a part of what the MTC president says is the best Missionary Army this world has ever seen. There are angels in these halls that I walk by and their spirit is strong. I love this gospel, this church can't be anything, but true. I feel it in the very core of my being. I love all of you and I keep every last one of you in my prayers. Can you all do me a special favor and pray that my companion and I as well as my district can become fluent in the spanish language quickly. It can be frustrating when you can't bear your true testimony because you can't find the right words in spanish. Yo se que Jesucristo es El Salvador and El Redentor. Keep rooting for me guys. It truly does keep me going. Talk to you next week hopefully.
Su Hermano,
Elder Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment