WELCOME to Elder John-Gregory Sierra's mission blog! For the next two years Elder Sierra will be serving as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the California Sacramento Mission. We hope you will enjoy his experiences, shared through weekly letters. We will post his letters each week and any pictures he may send.

Write Elder Sierra

WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

Missionaries love to get letters (and care packages)! If you'd like to write to Elder Sierra, please use the following addresses:

MISSION OFFICE:
Elder John-Gregory Sierra
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

EMAIL:
john-gregory.sierra@myldsmail.net


Saturday, March 9, 2013

Excerpts from Letters to Mom and Dad

Written Tuesday, March 5, 2013 

Dear Padre,

I am doing great and am loving the mission with all my heart.  Dad, your last letter touched me and I will do my best to write to you as often as I can. Before I leave the MTC, I will write you a letter en español to the best of my ability. You will be pleased to know that I am being obedient to all the rules and that I love my companion and all of my roommates and I'm also writing in my journal every day.

The Spirit is powerful here, Dad! I feel it multiple times a day. I am truly feeling the gift of tongues and I have a strong desire to learn other languages after my mission. Dad, I know my calling in life is to be a missionary of the Lord and bring them unto Christ and to fiercely protect them as a warrior of God and as a member of the United States Special Forces.

My testimony is growing by the day, and I think about all the trials and hardships it took for me to get here. I love the gospel, I love God, i love my Savior. This church is true! There is no possible way it can't be true. I am grateful for my family and your constant support and I love the awesome friends that I have. having friends that are practically like my second family are one of the greatest blessings in my life. I love you, Dad, and I always have and I always will, period. I testify that this church is true and the work I'm preparing to do is real.

Your son,

Elder Sierra

p.s. Remember our deal!


Dear Mom,

Thanks a lot for the cookies and the pictures. I have put them all in my photo album. Next week, I will try to email you photos of my mission. The MTC is doing well for me. I'll hit my first week tomorrow and I'm getting slightly stressed because I have only four weeks to learn Spanish until I'm outta here and out in the field. Tell Dad to remember our deal. even I am working out every day to stay in shape....Well mom. I am being obedient to the best of my abilities, even keeping rules that are complete "bull crap". And I am writing in my journal every day. I love you and I hope to hear from you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment