WELCOME to Elder John-Gregory Sierra's mission blog! For the next two years Elder Sierra will be serving as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the California Sacramento Mission. We hope you will enjoy his experiences, shared through weekly letters. We will post his letters each week and any pictures he may send.

Write Elder Sierra

WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

Missionaries love to get letters (and care packages)! If you'd like to write to Elder Sierra, please use the following addresses:

MISSION OFFICE:
Elder John-Gregory Sierra
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

EMAIL:
john-gregory.sierra@myldsmail.net


Sunday, June 22, 2014

 Letter from May 5, 2014

 Hey Mom,

The Delgado family has their date for baptism for June 14th and they are very excited. We would do it earlier, but their father is going to be out of town for a bit and he was all like, "You guys better not do it without me! I wanna be baptized too!" Talk about excitement, right? haha. So, the work is great. We just picked up more investigators and now our teaching pool is 25. Elder Mata and I are just having a blast ripping it up here... So all is well here in Sacramento. 

Man, everybody is getting married and having babies now. And now a lot of my friends are beginning to return home from their missions and I am over a year out. Man, life is just killing me right now. Way too fast. Oh, and hey Mom, I need you to send me some information so I can begin working on genealogy on p-days. I'd like to get started on Dad's side of the family, too. It's just something that I really wanna start doing.

This might make you laugh. President told me,
"Elder Sierra, I know you don't want to be a leader."
"Not really, but I'm not trying to run from it."
"Really?! Because I keep asking why your district leaders and zone leaders put your abilities down as 'junior' and they keep telling me you threaten to strangle them if they don't"
Haha good times...I like working with people on a personal level and when you become DL or ZL things as far as proselyting go are just not the same.

And please don't remind me that I only have about 9 months left *cry* *sniff* it hurts to think about it. lol.

Anyway Mom I love you and I will talk to you later.


Elder Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment