WELCOME to Elder John-Gregory Sierra's mission blog! For the next two years Elder Sierra will be serving as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the California Sacramento Mission. We hope you will enjoy his experiences, shared through weekly letters. We will post his letters each week and any pictures he may send.

Write Elder Sierra

WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

Missionaries love to get letters (and care packages)! If you'd like to write to Elder Sierra, please use the following addresses:

MISSION OFFICE:
Elder John-Gregory Sierra
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

EMAIL:
john-gregory.sierra@myldsmail.net


Sunday, June 22, 2014

OLD MAN IN THE MISSION
Letter from June 9, 2014

Dear Mom,

I have reached that point in the mission where everyone is beginning to call me old now. The irony! I would always make fun of the guy older than me for doing that. But now, I'm one of the most experienced elders in the zone and it still feels like I don't know much. I just know the schedule. That's it. lol.

I have met many people out here that are struggling but I see the changes and the faith that they have. It is truly inspiring.  Our dates fell through. It's a pretty sore topic. Let's just say members can make or break anything in the mission. We found Edgar drinking again...and a member was very rude to our investigators and they want nothing to do with them. It really hurts us but, whatev, I'm not eating with them anymore, that's for sure. We are not giving up on Edgar, but Bishop wants to meet with him to try and help him get in addiction recovery. 
I gotta go now, Mom, but I love you. Always will and always HAVE! You are my best friend, too. I  have missed your cooking, your smiles, your singing, and your kindness. It is that same kindness that I have tried to emulate as I serve here. They feel it. They ask me how I do it. I reply, "My Parents taught me to be that way."

Elder Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment