WELCOME to Elder John-Gregory Sierra's mission blog! For the next two years Elder Sierra will be serving as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the California Sacramento Mission. We hope you will enjoy his experiences, shared through weekly letters. We will post his letters each week and any pictures he may send.

Write Elder Sierra

WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

Missionaries love to get letters (and care packages)! If you'd like to write to Elder Sierra, please use the following addresses:

MISSION OFFICE:
Elder John-Gregory Sierra
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

EMAIL:
john-gregory.sierra@myldsmail.net


Monday, March 17, 2014

GOTTA FIND AND DO TO MAKE LIFE AWESOME
Letter from 3/10/14
Hey Mom,

Calls came in yesterday and I have been called to stay here in West Sacramento again. Got to be honest, I am not excited for this transfer, especially since I just lost my bro Elder Ruiz. I'm gonna miss him a lot...practically my favorite companion. We had done a lot together here and now he's leaving to go and be a district leader out in ENGLISH work. He isn't excited for that either. So....it's gonna be an interesting transfer. But, that's all that is happening as far as mission life goes. The other elders and I are going to this bbq place today to lift our spirits and we are going to a member's place. He owns a laser tag center so the zone is gonna play there today. It'll be fun. 
The pic I sent to you was with Hermana Enciso. She is from Peru and is probably the best cook in all of Sacramento. We love their food and they have always been very good to me., always calling us to ask if we have a dinner and always trying to invite investigators for dinner when we come over. Needless to say, they are awesome. There isn't much to write about this week. I will try to find and do some things to make next week's letter awesome. Oh, and remember the guy that threatened to shoot me? Well, we passed him off to the English elders and.....he has a date to get baptized lol. Go figure right?

Elder Sierra
 
Hermana Enciso

No comments:

Post a Comment