WELCOME to Elder John-Gregory Sierra's mission blog! For the next two years Elder Sierra will be serving as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the California Sacramento Mission. We hope you will enjoy his experiences, shared through weekly letters. We will post his letters each week and any pictures he may send.

Write Elder Sierra

WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

Missionaries love to get letters (and care packages)! If you'd like to write to Elder Sierra, please use the following addresses:

MISSION OFFICE:
Elder John-Gregory Sierra
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

EMAIL:
john-gregory.sierra@myldsmail.net


Monday, March 10, 2014

MEDIC!
Letter from 2/17/2014

Hey Mom,
Ricky's baptism in not this Saturday, but hopefully, next Saturday, if everything works out alright. And, I will probably sing I Have Seen Him or Come Thou Fount. It's still in the works. I just sang Nino de Luz last Sunday for church and it was wonderful. Spirit felt beautiful. 
I'm happy you liked the e-card I sent. I tried to send something classy with a bit of jazz to it lol. Did you have that dance with Dad? 
This last week we picked up 8 new investigators. We've got a lot of work to do now (which is great), so I am no longer bored out of my mind. Also, we have been doing a lot of service for the people here. The other day, we were tearing down a house. I was destroying walls and taking out the ceilings but, I've got a lot of fiber glass in my skin still haha, and I messed up my arms and my right foot. I have been asked to sit out of anything very strenuous...
Well I am feeling very uneasy right now. Seeing one of my best friends getting married and Mj looking like she's about to 'pop' soon. Kinda realizing how fast life is moving and I am not liking it. But I am relieved to see that they are happy and progressing in life. I just wish I could be able to be there and be a part of it. But, I still have a year left and will have to catch up quite a bit when I return home. 
Well I don't have too much to talk about, but tell Nic and the rest of the family that I love and miss them and also ask Sister Boga if she got the card I sent her. I love you Mom. Talk with you soon.
Elder Sierra

Follow-up to Mom's interrogation!:
My right arm feels like all my muscles are strained and my bones are fractured. My left arm is lacerated from the sharp steel; my right foot is crushed and big toe on my right foot. So, yeah, I'm hurtin right now. I kinda fell through a ceiling so, haha, it was fun...And yes, we got your package and LOVE your ties.
haha Well actually I and somebody else fell through the ceiling, haha. The beams couldn't support our weight, but when we fell we fell on the insulation so it was a soft landing. And,  yeah. I think my arm is fine and no, if it was fractured I'd be in more pain, I think. And yeah, those ties are BOMB!!
I got checked up. I also had my first aid
I feel much better. The project was about 5 days ago
and I have not felt sick or anything. I have taken the right antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment